Do your gums bleed easily, or do you have persistent bad breath that doesn’t seem to go away? If so, you could be suffering from gum disease. Although gum disease is a serious concern, it can be treated.
To help you ward off gum disease, our dentist, Dr. Kim Loan Nguyen with Smile Image Dentists in Houston, Texas, is happy to share with you these tips and tricks that may help you win the fight for your oral health against gum disease.
– A visit to your dentist can help to lower your risk for gum disease. Your dentist can also provide appropriate treatments if it has developed.
– Do not use drugs or tobacco as they can lead to gum disease.
– Women may be at an increased risk for gum disease because of hormonal changes in their bodies.
– To effectively treat gum disease, lower the risks in your diet and life. Some medications produce dry mouth, a known risk factor for gum disease. You should talk to your dentist and your doctor about your medications. A lack of proper nutrition can also increase your risk.
– If you are pregnant, you could be at an increased risk for gum disease.
– There is a genetic component involved in the risk for gum disease. You are up to six times more likely to develop gum disease if you have the genetic markers for it?
As we said earlier, gum disease can be treated, and with time, you can restore your oral health completely. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like more information on how to treat gum disease, please call us today at 281-759-1277, or come by our office to make an appointment. Our dental team will be happy to see you and set up an appointment.