Do you have an oral health checklist that you follow every day to keep your mouth safe? Are there a list of items you routinely follow to make sure your mouth is well taken care of as it should be? If not, it is important to do so, as damage prevention is the key to oral health care success. The list below is a checklist of common items to consider for your oral health care:
– Always speak with a dentist before using any new oral health care products, including teeth whiteners.
– Look for products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the product is safe and effective for use.
– Avoid hard candies and sticky or chewy snacks. In addition, avoid snacking between meals.
– Avoid unhealthy habits such as smoking or using drugs, including recreational drugs.
– Use a safe and effective cleaning product after eating, such as mouthwash or chewing gum.
– Brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once daily with effective tools. If you struggle with normal tools, consider switching to alternative tools such as water flossers and electric toothbrushes.
– Visit your dentist for effective oral health care treatments if any issues arise with your oral health.
– When brushing your teeth and gums, also brush your tongue. This helps eliminate bacteria and help prevent bad breath.
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups and oral examinations as necessary. In addition, attend bi-annual professional cleanings to help keep your teeth and gums safe.
For the help of a dentist in Houston, Texas, we can be reached at 281-759-1277. Whichever oral health care treatment methods you feel would best suit your needs, Dr. Kim Loan Nguyen and our team here at Smile Image Dentists in our dentist office are committed to providing you the service you require. Our team of oral health care superheroes is here to help!