Are you familiar with common tooth hazards such as the potential risk factors like biting into hard foods and chewing on objects can have on your smile? Listed below are common risks factors that seek to destroy your smile:
– Chewing on your nails or pens can damage your teeth and gums.
– Taking time to properly wearing safety gear such as mouth guards and face masks can often be the difference between minor discomfort and a serious oral accident.
– Not all oral accidents are observable, as some damage can happen on a microscopic level.
– Use precaution when biting into any foods, as some products can easily chip, crack, or break your teeth if bitten into too hard.
– Never use your mouth as a can opener, or an oral injury can occur.
– Although mouth accessories such as lip and tongue jewelry may seem like a fashionable choice, it can lead to oral accidents such as torn gum tissue and cracked teeth.
Make sure to take good care of your teeth, as they can potentially last a lifetime. For more information about tooth hazards, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Kim Loan Nguyen and our team at Smile Image Dentists, give us a call at 281-759-1277. Our dentist office is conveniently located in Houston, Texas. Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs!